Indiana Auction Help Center
How do auctions work?
- All auctions are online only.
- Pre-bidding begins on Tuesday, and live bidding begins every week on Thursday at 10am.
- Attendees must register at Joyride to bid.
- Vehicles stored by AutoReturn that are not claimed by the registered or legal owner are sold a tour public auction.
- Auctions are held at AutoReturn’s storage facility, located at 2451 S. Belmont Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46221.
- Auctions are held rain or shine.
- A list of vehicles eligible to be auctioned is posted 7 days in advance at the Indianapolis Recorder newspaper and on their website. Please note that vehicles can be claimed by owners until 9:00AM the day of the auction and auctions can be rescheduled.
How do I purchase a vehicle?
- Minimum bid is $200.00. Auction fees may apply, see Auction Fees.
- An auction service fee is charged for each vehicle in addition to purchase price. The service charge is based on the bid amount and covers the vehicle handling and processing.
- You can pick up your auction vehicle after the winning bid on day of sale until 5pm. You will have from 8am-5pm on Thursday-Sunday to also retrieve your auction vehicle(s). This rule applies to dealers and buyers who purchased several vehicles. After Sunday at 5pm, you will no longer be able to pick up your winning vehicle. You will also be banned from auction and lose any platform fee(s) with Joyride.
- Vehicles can be picked up during the auction as soon as the winning bid is placed.
- Balance of auction purchase may be paid by cash, certified or cashier’s check, credit, or debit(Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- All vehicles are sold “as is”. Buyer acknowledges that AutoReturn makes no expressed or implied warranties about the vehicle condition, drivability, or its status. All vehicles are unregistered when sold. Abandoned vehicle title application and receipt are supplied to buyer in order to facilitate registration with Indiana BMV. Titles issued by the BMV will be clear of all liens, and will carry an “Exempt” status.
- Title applications will be filled out in the name of the final bidder. If changes need to be made, you must go to the BMV and apply for a title transfer. No exceptions.
- Buyer acknowledges that the removal of an unregistered vehicle without a tow truck, dealer plate, or moving permit is unlawful and subject to penalties applied by law enforcement.
What are the Auction fees?
- Sales price between $0 – $1,000.00 = $80
- Sales price between $1,000.01 – $1,500.00 = $100
- Sales price between $1,500.01 – $2,000.00 = $140
- Sales price between $2,000.01 – $2,500.00 = $180
- Sales price between $2,500.01 – $3,000.00 = $220
- Sales price between $3,000.01 and over = $260
Still have questions?
Give us a call at (317) 350-8048.
Need more help?
Couldn’t find your vehicle or the answer to your question?