In June 2013, AutoReturn was awarded a contract with the City of Indianapolis to manage a network of towing providers and to facilitate the automated dispatching of tow requests using our world class automated systems. AutoReturn’s streamlined processes, dedicated staff, and proprietary dispatch and impound management systems have resulted in: tracking of stored vehicles and a dramatic increase to customer convenience for vehicle releases. Prior to AutoReturn’s management of the towing and impound process, the city dispatched tow requests to three separate tow providers at multiple impound lots throughout the city. This process required all vehicle owners to visit a city office building first, resulting in vehicle owner confusion and unnecessary steps to retrieve vehicles. In addition, Indianapolis was unable to accurately document tow volume or response times, nor were they able to gauge customer service levels for its citizens. In a condensed transition period, AutoReturn implemented processes and technology that would positively change all of this. As of July 1, 2013, the City of Indianapolis has experienced improved tow response times, the ability to provide consistent oversight and control, and the convenience for its citizens to come to a “one-stop shop” to retrieve their vehicles.
To make your vehicle release as quick and convenient as possible, you can either search for your vehicle online or start a chat at the bottom right hand corner.
You can also visit our Indiana Auction Help Center if you have questions about an auction.
Where is your customer service center?
2451 S. Belmont Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46221.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Can I make a payment after hours?
After hours payments can be made online through our website.
What do I need to retrieve my vehicle?
Most impound lots require valid US- or State-issued photo identification and proof of vehicle ownership. If you want to drive your vehicle off the lot, you will need a current driver license, proof of vehicle ownership, and current proof of insurance.
For Indianapolis you will also need:
- VIN (vehicle identification number) or make and model of your vehicle so the customer service team can assist you if you cannot locate it on our website.
- If your vehicle was involved in an accident and you have insurance on it, you will need to release it to your insurance company. You can do this in person at the AutoReturn office. Make sure you inform your insurance that your vehicle is here at AutoReturn.
- If you have recently purchased a vehicle, you have 45 days from the date of purchase to transfer the title at the BMV. If it is before 45 days, you will need to bring signed title into the office.
- You may retrieve property out of your vehicle free of charge if you are the title holder and have a valid government id.
- If your rented vehicle gets towed, you will need to bring a current rental paperwork for removal of property only. You will not be able to get the vehicle release unless the rental company sends paperwork that you can pick up it.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa for online payments. Visit find vehicle to make a payment.
If you prefer to pay when you pick up your vehicle, you can use cash, debit card, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
Anyone may pay for a vehicle release if the registered or legal owner is present at the AutoReturn customer service center.
What if my vehicle is damaged when I get it back?
You can complete a claim form. AutoReturn will investigate and share findings with the appropriate law enforcement and towing operators.
Not able to find the info you are looking for?
Call (317) 350-1857 for further assistance.